Toenail Jabs Foot, Draws Blood in Hotel Room
Stayed at the opens in a new windowEmbassy Suites Birmingham last week during a business trip and had an unfortunate, gross situation. I stepped on a toenail clipping (not belonging to me) and it pierced my sock, jabbed my foot and drew blood!
Sometimes I wonder, do these other oddities happen to others or am I a magnet for bizarre situations? Have you ever clipped your toenails in a hotel room? What do you do with the clippings? Are you a good guest and toss them in the trash?
This is how the situation happened. Around 10 p.m. when getting ready for bed, ladybugs were crawling on me, the headboard and atop my sheets. Of course, snapping photos of the ladybugs was a Kodak moment, how often do you find these in your bed?
Getting out of bed to grab my camera, I stepped on something hard and painful. Ouch! Thinking I stepped on a tack, I looked at the bottom of my socked foot to find a toenail clipping sticking out! I pulled my sock off and my foot was bleeding! Not sure what diseases could be contracted by a toenail (nail fungus?), I thoroughly washed and cleansed the wound and bandaged it up.
The next morning, I told my wacky story to the front desk clerk and simply asked they send housekeeping into the room to vacuum. The clerk took notes and said he’d pass it along to the Embassy Suites general manager. I admitted it was an almost humorous story, yet a true one. Told the clerk I’d be gone at 9:30 a.m.
When I returned to my room at 4:30 p.m., housekeeping had not even touched the room! My DND (do not disturb for those not in the industry) was not on the door so there was no excuse for not servicing the room, just apathy on the hotel’s part. They could have at least humored me by cleaning the room. Big fail on their part and I’m a Hilton Honors member. Do they care about my business? Me thinks not.