Disclosure: This post contains a HipCamp affiliate link to support this blog, my traveling habit, and my special-needs dog.
If you found me from my appearance on opens in a new windowReel Talk Radio hosted by Capt. Debbie Hanson on Dec. 12, hello and welcome! Following are links making solo travel and outdoor adventures easier and topics we discuss on the show.
Links to the Show Topics
- opens in a new windowFWC Python Program – although I don’t think they offer a opens in a new windowpython training program any longer, you can read up on the Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission’s python program.
- opens in a new windowGirl Camper – newbie and experienced female campers are welcome! Whether you’re a car camper, tenter, cabin-renter, RVer, etc., you’re a Girl Camper! I love their magazine and the opens in a new windowGirl Camper Facebook Group is a great place for support and inspiration.
- opens in a new windowHipCamp – resource for camping. Think of it as the AirBnB for camping. Post coming soon!
- opens in a new windowJose Marti Park – You can step foot in Cuba without leaving the U.S. or needing a passport! In 1956, this small piece of land was donated to Cuba. This is a fun, urban day adventure to Tampa when you dine in one of the Cuban restaurants and walk through Ybor City. The park is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
- opens in a new windowNational Park Service – we talked a lot about two of the national parks I worked, Yellowstone and Everglades, along with other parks. Do you have a fifth grader in your family? NPS has a FREE pass for fifth graders and their families (when traveling together). Visit this opens in a new windowNPS pageopens PDF file to learn more and print out the voucher. It expires the end of August.
- opens in a new windowPunta Gorda/Englewood Beach – the Tourism Department for Charlotte County, Fla. (disclosure: my employer.) Specific activities I discussed were a nighttime paddle with opens in a new windowGlass Bottom Rentals and Christmas Light Canal Cruises with opens in a new windowKing Fisher Fleet and opens in a new windowSmoke and Roses catamaran (they sailed around the world!), and Gardens Aglow at the opens in a new windowPeace River Botanical & Sculpture Gardens.
Let’s Get Social!
Solo Travel Girl’s Book – opens in a new window“A to Z of a Solo Travel Girl: Traits of Women Who Travel Alone, Not Lonely.” It’s available as opens in a new windowpaperback or opens in a new windowKindle.
Cheers to new adventures and travel boldly!