I’m heading off to what seems to be my second Florida home, the Space Coast, for a bloggers retreat and educational trip this weekend. I’m SO excited to be experiencing some attractions I haven’t seen before and revisit ones I feel I have an almost-intimate relationship with. What’s even better is I’ll be staying at this cute, beachside resort called opens in a new windowTuckaway Shores , the primary host of the weekend.
I haven’t mentioned this publicly yet – consider yourself one of the first to know – but I’m working on a type of Florida guide and Tuckaway Shores will fit in nicely! (Sidebar: my now not-so-secret project will be self-published.)
What’s on tap for the weekend?
- Visit the mighty space shuttle “Atlantis”, permanently retired at KSC.
- Ride the shuttle! Kind of. The group will liftoff with the Shuttle Launch Experience. (Oh boy. Hope I don’t get motion sickness!)
- Enjoy lunch with an astronaut, Tang and all!
- Wander through my favorite part of KSC, the Rocket Garden.
- This summer, the zoo earned its opens in a new windowEthical Ecotour Operator designation by Florida Society of Ethical Ecotourism. It’s only the state’s eighth attraction to earn the designation.
- It’s been voted the eighth most popular zoo in the U.S.
- In addition to a tour, a limited number of us can kayak by the giraffes! Um, me please!
- I’m told this is more than an attraction but an experience. I’ll learn why…
- Port Canaveral is the second busiest port in the world.
- The Space Coast produces some of the world’s top surfing competitors.
- Hang ten, dude!
A saunter through the opens in a new windowHistoric Melbourne Fall Festival. I do love a good festival!
I’ll also be learning from pros on how to improve my blogging:
- Robin Draper of opens in a new windowAuthentic Florida
- Cindy Buccieri of the opens in a new windowBlogging Career Academy and author opens in a new windowBlogging the Right Way: Learn How to Launch a Blog and Start Making Money
And, I hear from the opens in a new windowSea Turtle Preservation Society to learn why Florida’s Space Coast has more nesting sea turtles than anywhere in the Western Hemisphere.
Of course, beach time is built into the itinerary and I’m really looking forward to watching the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean!
I’m sure I won’t go hungry during the trip. Dining includes a home-cooked meal out of a opens in a new windowBig Green Egg grill prepared by authentic Eggheads. (I’m told the Big Green Egg is a borderline cult thing.) Breakfast at opens in a new windowSands on the Beach is also on the agenda.
Should be a beach-tastic weekend!
Follow #TuckawayShores and #LoveFL on your social media channels to see what’s happening in real-time.
In addition to Tuckaway Shores, this weekend is hosted by the above-mentioned entities, opens in a new windowFlorida’s Space Coast Office of Tourism and opens in a new windowVISIT FLORIDA. As a point of disclosure, I’m a former VF employee and currently serve on one of their committees, which had no impact in my participating in this trip. Opinions are my own and this post has not been reviewed by the hosts.