It was my appreciation for the art of postcards that inspired me to launch opens in a new windowSoloTravelGirl.com’s Postcard of the Month Club last October. It was simple. For a year, once a month I would send a postcard to those blog readers who registered. Can you believe it’s been a year?
I wish I kept track of the exact number of postcards and the amount spent on stamps and cards but I do know:
- Over the course of 12 months I mailed more than 175 postcards.
- Postcards were mailed from three continents (Europe, North America and South America).
- It’s not always easy finding stamps when on a tight schedule, especially in opens in a new windowRio de Janeiro.
- Postcards can cost anywhere from .10 to $1.50.
- Canada has adorable stamps, although Ireland’s stamps were pretty nifty.
- Thanks to my growing dependency on technology my penmanship is bad but improving.
- I regret not mailing a monthly postcard to myself.
I realize it’s already been a year so I’ve fulfilled my mission but while all good things come to an end, I’m not necessarily ending the program, I’m just taking a little sabbatical. When it returns, it may be something different. I launched this blog in 2009 and all good things evolve into something better however I need to figure out what that “something better” is. I’ve personally grown and have a general idea what the next generation of this travel blog will be. The next step is to make that happen.
STG Postcard of the Month members will be receiving one more mailing this month, a little something from my backyard.
A sincere thank you for supporting this blog and joining me on my travels.