I have a request of you this holiday season and hope you will join me in this crusade. Together, we MUST stop snowman extinction! Okay, that is a little silly, but seriously, the clock is running out in both days until Christmas and in the negative impact humans are making on our planet.
Give a Gift that Gives Earth a Fighting Chance
Thankfully, there is a solution. It’s a unique gift that gives Earth a fighting chance and is available through opens in a new windowCool Effect, a non-profit crowdfunding platform that provides an avenue for people to support carbon emissions reductions. How? Through funding projects from across the globe that verifiably reduce carbon pollution to fight climate change.
Cool Effect has gathered climate change-busting causes into gift bundles. Each unique gift gives a *POW*, *SMACK* and *WHAM* to Nitrous Oxide, Methane and Carbon Dioxide, by reducing these earth-warming emissions so snowmen and other species, including humans, can benefit.
Let’s face it, traveling, especially long-haul travel, discharges emissions into the air. A gift from Cool Effect can offset a portion of air travel by supporting programs that reduce Nitrous Oxide, Methane and Carbon Dioxide.
Give the Cuckoo Combo: Share the Gift of Clean Air
Give the person who has everything a unique gift. Or, show your loved one how much you love them by gifting them with cleaner air. There are several climate-improving and carbon emission-busting gift bundles and in addition to Giving Travel Offsets, I’m digging opens in a new window“The Cuckoo Combo: Share the gift of clean air.”
The bundle addresses fertilizer production with nitrous oxide (N2O) abatement. N2O, aka laughing gas, holds heat in the atmosphere 300 more times than carbon dioxide (CO2). Interestingly, N2O emissions generated during the production of fertilizer is unregulated yet CF Industries, the largest provider of nitrogen fertilizer, is voluntarily installing technology for N2O abatement.
Fertilizer is necessary especially when it comes to commercial agriculture. Florida is home to thousands of acres of farmland which grows items from strawberries and tomatoes which means fertilizer is needed. Unfortunately, we see the impact of nitrates in our water. Although not scientifically proven (yet), coincidentally when nitrate-rich fresh water reaches the Gulf of Mexico in my part of Southwest Florida, a harmful alga bloom seems to happen. These blooms (such as red tide) can cause respiratory issues in humans (like me) and even animals (like my dog).
Although this opens in a new windowCool Effect gift bundle does not address water quality, it does address a major issue generated by fertilizer and I can definitely get on the boat (or tractor?) in supporting it.
Other gift bundles are:
- Travel Offsets. For the jet-setting traveler in your life (or maybe a gift for you!)
- The Poo Package. Give a gift that doesn’t stink.
- The Big Fan. Give a gift that will blow them away.
- Happy Holidays, Happy Health. Give the gift of clean cooking.
Why is a Cool Effect Gift Bundle an Excellent Christmas Gift?
1. It is helping to improve the quality of the air by climate by reducing carbon emissions.
2. In many cases, it is providing employment for people and teaching them to be self sufficient rather than relying on aide from others.
3. How much stuff does someone really need? Hey, I admit I love opening gifts and having something tangible but I only have so much room in my home and need to be more selective in what I keep in order to have the home environment I want. HOWEVER, by giving a Cool Effect gift bundle, although the gift itself is not tangible to the recipient, they do receive a personalized certificate of what was gifted in their name, paper and instructions to make their own origami, and message from you.
4. It is a gift that keeps on giving meaning you will be satisfied in making a difference in the world by reducing carbon emissions.
Oh, and this is a groovy little tidbit. Contributions begin at $25, although you can give any amount you are able, and more than 90 percent of each contribution goes directly toward the respective project.
Save Snowmen from Extinction!
Whether it’s saving snowmen from extinction or helping in nitrous oxide abatement or giving the gift of poo (yes, something I never thought I would write in my blog), a gift bundle from Cool Effect shows how much you really care for the recipient and planet Earth.
Are you in? If so, head over to the opens in a new windowCool Effect website to review all bundles and order that sumthin-sumthin for your someone special. Or, heck, you deserve a gift.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to support this blog, my traveling habit, and my special-needs dog.