Participating museums and cultural institutions will offer free admission on Museum Day to those who download a ticket.
Find Inspiration in a Museum
Mark your calendar! Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021, is Smithsonian Magazine’s 17th annual Museum Day. This means free museum admission into participating institutions! Hundreds of museums and cultural attractions from across the country are participating. There are more than 50 in Florida!
Museums inspire, challenge, and educate us. This complimentary day celebrates the spirit of the Smithsonian’s policy of opening their doors for free to visitors.
This year’s theme is Experience America. For more than a year, many museums were closed because of the coronavirus pandemic. This year, museums and public spaces across the country will celebrate the return to, and resurgence of, the U.S.’s diverse cultural experiences in a safe manner.
Fast Facts: Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day
- Find a participating museum or cultural attraction on the opens in a new windowMuseum Day website.
- This year’s Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day is Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021. Tickets are ONLY valid for this day.
- The ticket is valid for the ticket holder and one guest.
- Only one ticket will be issued per email address.
- You may need to bring a printed ticket.
- Check details about the museum ticket requirements before finalizing your choice.
- Safety precautions may be in place including a timed entry.
- Choose wisely! You cannot change your mind once you click, “generate ticket.”
- Arrive early because you want to spend your time exploring, not standing in line. Worst case scenario, if there is an overwhelming response for entry, you may be turned away.
- This year, the day is sponsored by the Quaker Oats Company. (Thank you for being a sponsor!)
- Get social! Connect with Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day on Twitter (@MuseumDay). Share which museum you are excited about visiting by using #MuseumDay in your posts.
- Learn by visiting the Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day website.
- Note: Free admission through Museum Day is only valid for U.S. residents.