The origin of cupcakes can be traced back to the late 18th century with reference to opens in a new windowCakes to Be Baked in Cups in a cookbook. It’s safe to say the 21st century delicious cups of sweetness have come a long way from their foremothers. If cupcakes are your thing then plan on being in Central Florida this week to celebrate the mighty petite cake during opens in a new windowHilton Orlando Bonnet Creek’s third Cupcake Lovers Weekend, June 14 and 15.
Cupcake Lovers Weekend is part of the resort’s season-long opens in a new windowSummerBlast! Promotion and promises special treats for visitors of this Disney-area resort. I’m excited to share I’ll be heading over next Saturday to indulge – in moderation – in some of the frosted fun. If you’re not able to join me, in person follow me on opens in a new windowTwitter or/and opens in a new windowInstagram.
Here’s what guests of Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek can expect during Cupcake Lovers Weekend:
- The Cupcake Bar – Curb your cupcake craving with a stop at the lobby’s coffee and sweet shop.
- Cupcake Kids Zone – A chance for children to decorate their own cupcake, as well as other cupcake crafts.
- Cupcake Walk – The hotel’s recreation team has created cupcake themed activities around the pool, including a special version of a cakewalk… the Bonnet Creek Cupcake Walk.
- Cupcake Displays – Enjoy a display of cupcakes decorated by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek pastry chefs.
- Cupcake Voting – Enjoy a display of cupcakes created by Hilton team members and vote on their favorite designs.
- Cupcake Martinis –Cheers! Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek lounges will feature special “cupcake” themed martinis.
- Savory Cupcakes – Harvest Bistro will serve several “savory” entrée cupcakes – the latest trend in cupcakes. [I’m really curious about this because this means it’s OK to enjoy cupcakes for dinner AND dessert!]
- Summer Activities – In addition, enjoy their favorite SummerBlast activities and events, including a DUCKTONA 500, a zany rubber duck race in our lazy river; Dive-in Movies; and our SummerBlast! Saturday pool party.
Note: Additional fees may apply for the cupcake fun.
Spend the Weekend at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
The resort is surrounded by Walt Disney World® Resort and serenity of a 482-acre nature preserve. Resort amenities include elegantly appointed rooms and suites with family-friendly amenities, a three-acre Florida-style lazy-river pool, a Rees Jones-designed championship golf course, a luxe spa, a full fitness center, and nearly a dozen dining and lounge options, including the award-winning La Luce by Donna Scala.
Enjoy a Great Getaway with rates starting at $139 a night. Visit opens in a new windowwww.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/specialtyweekends , or call 1-888-353-2013 for reservations.
Image Source: opens in a new windowHilton Orlando Bonnet Creek