Buckle up because it’s time to relive the ultimate girls’ road trip film, Thelma & Louise. The chick flick, where women became aware of Brad Pitt, celebrates its 20th Anniversary this year. Boy, I feel old. I remember when this hit movie theaters!
To commemorate the occasion, MGM Home Entertainment is releasing Thelma & Louise on Blu-ray on Feb. 8, 2011. I can’t wait to watch this one in the comfort of my own home. Although, I have to admit it would be pretty cool to watch this one in a home cinema. I have been thinking about getting one for a while now especially after looking at some Home Cinema Installers in London that really caught my eye.
If you’re unfamiliar with the storyline, the film stars Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis who become accidental outlaws racing across the Southwest. It’s funny, thrilling and empowering, even though the ending is, well, ends in a canyon. Or does it?
Michael Madsen and Harvey Keitel also star in the flick which was directed by Ridley Scott and screenplay by Callie Khouri.
Check out this Thelma & Louise Blu-ray clip if you’re unfamiliar with the film:
The 20th Anniversary Edition Thelma & Louise Blu-ray has several extras as:
- Commentary by Ridley Scott, Susan Sarandon, Geena Davis and Callie Khouri
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Extended Ending (with Commentary by Ridley Scott)
- Documentaries and Featurettes, including “Thelma and Louise: The Last Journey”
- Original Theatrical Featurette (with and without promotional narration)
- Multi-Angle Storyboards: The Final Chase
- “Part of You, Part of Me” Music Video by Glenn Frey
- Trailer and TV Spots
The special Thelma & Louise (20th Anniversary) [Blu-ray] will be available for a suggested retail price of $19.99 U.S./$21.99 Canada.
After watching, betcha wanna hit the road for a little adventure, although, I’d avoid picking up hitchhikers, even if they do look like Brad Pitt. Just sayin.
Image Source: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.