When I hear ecotourism, Costa Rica comes to mind. I’ve never been (yet) but so many of my friends have and they return with tales of lush rain forests, zip-lining adventures and exotic creatures as colorful birds and monkeys! If you’ve wanted to go, the publicity folks for Abercrombie & Kent have made me aware of their “Highlights of Costa Rica” journey embarking on Feb. 22, 2011. Even better, the single supplement is being waived! This is a savings of $760! *
Here’s a brief summary of what to expect during the eight-day “Highlights of Costa Rica” journey:
- Meet one of Monteverde’s original Quaker settlers (Monteverde is a small, Costa Rican town and has been named one of the “7 Wonders of Costa Rica” by the Costa Rican newspaper La Nació);
- Relax in natural hot springs;
- Visit a sanctuary for the endangered Atlantic green sea turtle;
- Walk suspended bridges over rain forest canopy;
- Visit Smithsonian Institute-installed seismographs to learn about Cost Rica’s active volcanoes then enjoy a wine and reception with a volcano as the backdrop;
- A&K is a luxury operator so know you’ll be traveling comfortably, in style and will engage in memorable activities promising bragging rights to last a lifetime. Plus, an expert A&K Tour Director will be leading the way so you’ll be in confident hands.
- Trip prices begin at $3,120.
- Group size is limited to 22 people meaning you won’t be herded around like cattle and can get to know everyone on your trip.
Check out the Abercrombie & Kent website for specifics and book a trip. If you go, you definitely need to tell me all about it! And take lots of photos.
Although I’m one for traveling solo, I have participated in group excursions and had enjoyable experiences (haven’t traveled with Abercrombie & Kent yet, but working in the tourism industry, I’m familiar with the experience they provide). It’s nice to let someone else do the planning sometimes. It might be a good idea to visit www.buenavistadelrincon.com to check out other travel deals. Adventure travel doesn’t always have to be about backpacking somewhere and flying by the seat of your pants with traveling.
*In order to receive the $760 single supplement savings for the Feb. 22, 2011, “Highlights of Costa Rica” journey, reserve by Jan. 15, 2011.