Solo Travelers Welcome at Historic Castle in New York, Mohonk Mountain House
Mohonk Mountain House in New York’s Hudson Valley is offering the “Solo Traveler” special rate through October 31, 2013. Here’s your chance to stay in a historic castle without jetting off to Europe.
Although I haven’t visited, I see Mohonk Mountain House has a pretty decent TripAdvisor review. After researching the resort I thought I’d share with you the tranquility and special rate it’s offering for independent travelers.
This grand Victorian castle is located 90-miles north of New York City surrounded by wilderness. It’s easily accessible by train or car and offers a safe environment and solitude for all guests.
“Mohonk is uniquely suited to people traveling alone because we offer so many ways to do exactly as you please,” said Nina Smiley, director of marketing and a member of the family who has owned and operated the National Historic Landmark resort for over 144 years. “Our guests set their own pace and purpose for their visit. Along with time alone, those who would enjoy can join our complimentary guided hikes, tours, and classes to meet new people and hear fascinating insights about Mohonk.”
Among the many activities pursuits at Mohonk Mountain House, solo guests enjoy:
- Nature walks and invigorating hikes on 85 miles in a spectacular setting with a naturalist or staff guide
- Mountain biking and horseback riding on scenic trails, accompanied by a Mohonk leader
- Playing golf on one of the country’s most historic courses
- Swimming in Lake Mohonk and our indoor heated pool
- Participating in yoga, meditation, and fitness classes
- Taking a guided tour of the Barn Museum to learn about Mohonk’s 144-year history
- Strolling through Mohonk’s award-winning gardens as well as numerous other tranquil settings
- Rejuvenating with a Signature Spa Treatment, taking a dip in the Spa’s outdoor heated mineral pool, or relaxing in the solarium with stone fireplace
The Spa at Mohonk Mountain House, just named the Number One Resort Spa in the United States by Condé Nast Traveler and the Number Six Spa in the world by Travel + Leisure, offers an array of treatments as well as an outdoor heated mineral pool, comprehensive fitness center, and solarium to ensure complete relaxation and renewal.
Nuts & Bolts About the Solo Traveler Package
Mohonk Mountain House’s Solo Traveler package is available midweek Sunday through Thursday through October 31, 2013. Rates begin at $340 per night, based upon single occupancy, and include bountiful breakfast and lunch buffets, a three-course served dinner, and Afternoon Tea and Cookies, as well as most resort activities. Rate is based upon availability; taxes and gratuity additional. For reservations call 855.274.4020 or visit www.mohonk.com.