Less than 48 hours from now I’ll be heading to Orlando to participate in the 15th Annual SATW Institute for Travel Writing & Photography for the weekend. I attended in May 2005 and am really looking forward to learning about the changes in travel writing since then, especially in technology.
This isn’t my first rodeo in attending a professional development conference and want to make sure I DON’T forget anything so I’m making my packing list and checking it twice. The essentials I’m taking to the SATW Institute:
- Power Strip
- Flip Video Camera
- Canon Powershot Digital Camera
- iPhone (which is COVERED in bling)
- Battery Chargers
- Pilot G-2 Pens (I’m obsessed about my gel pens)
- Business Cards
- Orlando & Central Florida: An Explorer’s Guide. Yes, that is blatant sucking up to Institute Director Sandra Friend but I’ve used it before and it’s a great travel guidebook! While I’m at it, may as well bring along Exploring Florida’s Botanical Wonders: A Guide to Ancient Trees, Unique Flora, and Wildflower Walks,another one of Sandra’s books but this is one is hot off the presses!
- Sweater – function rooms always tend to be chilly
So what am I forgetting? Yes, I know to pack a suitcase with clothing, but for the educational sessions? Hmm. As long as I have my ID and American Express card, suppose I’ll get by.
Looking forward to the weekend!
Disclosure: Guidebooks were complimentary, however I’ve made up my own mind: they’re pretty cool.