Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Hosting Cupcake Lovers Weekend, June 14 & 15, 2013
The origin of cupcakes can be traced back to the late 18th century with reference to Cakes to Be Baked in Cups in a cookbook. It’s safe to say the 21st century delicious cups of sweetness have come a long way from their foremothers. If cupcakes are your thing then plan on being in Central Florida this week to celebrate the mighty petite cake during Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek’s third Cupcake Lovers Weekend, June 14 and 15.
Cupcake Lovers Weekend is part of the resort’s season-long SummerBlast! Promotion and promises special treats for visitors of this Disney-area resort. I’m excited to share I’ll be heading over next Saturday to indulge – in moderation – in some of the frosted fun. If you’re not able to join me, in person follow me on Twitter or/and Instagram.
Here’s what guests of Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek can expect during Cupcake Lovers Weekend:
- The Cupcake Bar – Curb your cupcake craving with a stop at the lobby’s coffee and sweet shop.
- Cupcake Kids Zone – A chance for children to decorate their own cupcake, as well as other cupcake crafts.
- Cupcake Walk – The hotel’s recreation team has created cupcake themed activities around the pool, including a special version of a cakewalk… the Bonnet Creek Cupcake Walk.
- Cupcake Displays – Enjoy a display of cupcakes decorated by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek pastry chefs.
- Cupcake Voting – Enjoy a display of cupcakes created by Hilton team members and vote on their favorite designs.
- Cupcake Martinis –Cheers! Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek lounges will feature special “cupcake” themed martinis.
- Savory Cupcakes – Harvest Bistro will serve several “savory” entrée cupcakes – the latest trend in cupcakes. [I’m really curious about this because this means it’s OK to enjoy cupcakes for dinner AND dessert!]
- Summer Activities – In addition, enjoy their favorite SummerBlast activities and events, including a DUCKTONA 500, a zany rubber duck race in our lazy river; Dive-in Movies; and our SummerBlast! Saturday pool party.
Note: Additional fees may apply for the cupcake fun.
Spend the Weekend at Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
The resort is surrounded by Walt Disney World® Resort and serenity of a 482-acre nature preserve. Resort amenities include elegantly appointed rooms and suites with family-friendly amenities, a three-acre Florida-style lazy-river pool, a Rees Jones-designed championship golf course, a luxe spa, a full fitness center, and nearly a dozen dining and lounge options, including the award-winning La Luce by Donna Scala.
Enjoy a Great Getaway with rates starting at $139 a night. Visit www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/specialtyweekends , or call 1-888-353-2013 for reservations.
Image Source: Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek