What’s my new travel carry-on companion? Dry shampoo because it refreshes my hair by absorbing oil and adding a nice finish without using water. As for the brand, recently I tried Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo which I received complimentary in my Violet VoxBox from Influenster in order to sample and provide my honest opinion.
At 40-something-years-old I’m still dealing with oily hair specifically when traveling. It doesn’t matter if it’s an hour-long or eight-hour long flight, my whole body, including my hair, is covered with a light layer of airplane slime. Being able to freshen up without a full-blown shower is a beautiful, time-saving thing which is what dry shampoo accomplishes.
It’s More than Just a Traveling Companion
It’s also a handy product to use if you need to be somewhere following a workout and don’t have time to hop in the shower. Just use dry shampoo to revitalize your lovely locks and you’re ready to hit the town. Oh, and you’re on your own for taking care of other personal hygiene situations.
Dry Shampoo Is…
If you’re not familiar with what it is, dry shampoo is basically what the name implies, shampoo without the wetness. It can come in the form of a powder, foam or aerosol. The Not Your Mother’s dry shampoo I tried was in an aerosol format.
To use, I spray the product at the roots of my hair and although the brand’s instructions are to use a comb or brush to distribute through hair, I just use my hands to rub it into my scalp and hair. (I’m a curly-haired girl and combs and brushes really aren’t my friends.) I tried the dry shampoo following my holiday flights, on a lazy Saturday, and after my nightly walk in Florida humidity, which is when I took the included photos. (It may be December but it’s been 80-some-degrees and humid some days!)
What I like about Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo is it:
- Has a nice shower-clean scent.
- Doesn’t weigh my hair down or coat my hair with a film.
- Adds texture and volume to my locks.
- Doesn’t leave my hair white or grayish like other dry shampoos I’ve tried. (Plus, I pay good money to hide my natural gray and don’t want a product to let the cat out of the bag about my gray hair.)
- Is available in a travel carry-on friendly size of 1.6 oz in addition to a 7 oz size for the home, office or car.
- Saves time, especially on Saturday mornings when I want to be a quasi-slug by being social and presentable but without hopping in the shower. Just spray, distribute and go.
- Is made in the U.S.A.!
- Is available in CVS and Walmart stores near me.
What I don’t like about the dry shampoo:
- Although I haven’t run out of the product, I don’t think the 1.6 oz bottle will last very long but if it carries me through a few more trips, I’ll be happy.
Do you use dry shampoo when traveling? If so, what’s a brand you like?
Disclosure: I received this product complimentary for testing and review purposes from Influenster and opinions about this produce are my own. Read what others are saying about this dry shampoo by visiting the Not Your Mother’s Refreshing Dry Shampoo product page on Influenster.